To save your Fortnite account from scammers, you should consider securing it with two-factor authentication (2FA). It is a matter of a few steps which are too easy. I will run you through the process of enabling http //fortnite.com/2fa. You won’t find other content on the internet that will explain Fortnite 2FA as I do.
Fortnite is a pretty awesome game! The 100-player “battle royale” with players of all ages worldwide impressed everyone as soon as it was released. Do you know how much the developers (Epic Games) of Fortnite were pulling in per week from in-game transactions in 2018? A whopping $350 million! This popularity also brought a lot of hackers’ and fraudsters’ attention to the game. A huge market that wants to buy stolen accounts with high-tier loot was created.
So, you need to secure your Fortnite account with 2FA. In this article, I will show you how to activate http //fortnite.com/2fa on both Android and iOS. I also recommend you check if your child knows about 2FA and make sure he/she activates it.
How to Enable http //fortnite.com/2fa?
BBC interviewed a Slovenian teenager in December 2018 who was hacking Fortnite accounts to find premium skins and other loot. He made around $20000 in seven months. “It’s lucky dip basically, you either get a good account or you don’t. People like the rarity of the ‘skins,’ and it’s about the look of them and showing off to friends,” he told this BBC.
The Epic Games Fortnite forum is filled with cases of stolen accounts. There are numerous threads about lost skin, counterfeit V-Bucks transactions (Fortnite’s internal currency), and more. The rare Fortnite items cost hundreds of dollars in the black market.
But you are going to be sorted with Fortnite 2fa enabled in a while. You need 2FA on all the accounts you own. Once you turn it on, Epic Games will also give you the Boogiedown Emote, 50 Armory Slots, 1 Legendary Troll Stash Llama, and 10 Backpack Slots in the Save the World mode.
So, here is how you activate http //fortnite.com/2fa:
There are two two-factor authentications offered by Epic Games; Authenticator app and Email Authentication. Once you know which option is more convenient for you, go ahead and secure your Fortnite account. If you chose the Authenticator app, don’t forget to install it from the links I have provided.
How to Enable http //fortnite.com/2fa With an Authenticator app?
Many people keep an authenticator app on their phones. It does not just keep your games safe but your e-mails, social media accounts, and other things too. When you keep a 2FA app and want to log in to your Fortnite account, the game will ask for a six-digit code which you can find in the authenticator app. Among several authenticator apps, I would suggest Authy or Google Authenticator.
Once you have installed the authenticator app,
1. Navigate to your Epic Games Account from a browser.
2. Go to the Password & Security tab on the left.
3. Scroll down to find Two-Factor Authentication.
4. Toggle on Third-Party Authenticator App.
5. You will get a QR code.
6. Now launch the authenticator app on your smartphone and scan the QR code by tapping on the plus (+) button at the bottom right.
7. The authenticator app will automatically take the Epic Games logo and autofill all the necessary details. If everything is correct, press Save.
8. Copy the 2FA code provided for Epic Games.
9. Go back to the Epic Games website and enter the code in the appropriate field.
10. Click Activate.
11. You should copy the backup codes. They will let you log in to your Fortnite account when you lose access to your authenticator app.
How to Enable http //fortnite.com/2fa With Email Authentication?
Email authentication is simply the process of receiving a single-use 2FA security code on your email address linked to your Fortnite account.
- Navigate to your Epic Games Account from a browser.
- Go to the Password & Security tab on the left.
- Scroll down to find Two-Factor Authentication.
- Click on Enable Email Authentication.
- You should receive a verification mail on the email associated with your Fortnite account.
- Put the six-digit verification code in the Enable Email Verification field.
- Press Continue.
Beware of Fortnite Scams!!
There aren’t just account crackers that you need to watch out for. There are plenty of scammers too. The scams are mostly about free V-Bucks. You will sometimes see super flashy videos with a Fortnite ambiance. They are often titled as “How to Get Free V-Bucks” or “Check Out This Free V-Bucks Fortnite Glitch.” Even if you end up on a website by clicking on those videos, never give up your Fortnight account authentication code.
In other cases, scammers break into Fortnite accounts and take control of them. They steal V-Bucks or lock the account. Additionally, there are also cases of users landing on websites full of malware that get downloaded automatically.
There are phishing portals too that lure users with whatever they can. Users put in their credentials and their accounts get stolen, locked, or resold. Also, Google Play Store is not safe. There are a lot of applications claiming to give you ways to earn more V-Bucks for free. There are reports of these apps asking for account login details.